2701 N. Halstead
Sapori Tratorria is an Italian restaurant, on the smaller side, not too crowded of busy, a cute ambiance with little white lights and super friendly service. It has lots of weekly deals (like Family Style Mondays and Wine Tasting Wednesdays) We didn't take them up on any of their specials... But we did take them up on our first ever dinner club, dinner for 8!
The first thing I loved about Sapori was when I called to make the reservation. Ricardo was so nice and cute saying, "of course we'll take care of you!" and "ciao, ciao!" He kept asking if it was for an occasion, I heard that if it is they will make special menus for your party... which is a nice touch... of course I didn't take them up on that either.
The food was very good, everyone seemed please (see comments). Our waiter remembered our orders without writing it down (and a table of 8 I mean, thats pretty impressive). The sign is difficult to see from the outside, but we found it, and had a great time!!
I would give it:
4/5 stars
what we learned:
the pasta and risotto dishes are HUGE and SHOULD be shared.
what we loved:
the BREAD! Homemade, served warm and fresh
the service:
Friendly and helpful... i <3 ricardo!
the price:
Our total bill was $210 which made it about
$26/person... none of us had drinks
BONUS:
they gave us free dessert... and it was delicious!
tiramisu, flan, and bread pudding... yummo!
I had the lobster ravioli which was recommended to me by, um, everyone.
ReplyDeleteit was delicious and i would recommend it! The sauce was particularly yummy... a sort of creamy tomato sauce
the bread was delicious.
i give it 4/5 stars
Two of us shared the risotto pescatore and the butternut squash soup. The soup was delicious and made without cream, great for us lactose intolerant folk. The risotto had mussels, clams, calamari and scallops - I'd give it 3/5-4/5 stars. Definitely tasty, but not incredible. The service, though, was incredible. Our waiter and the host were extremely friendly accommodated our large group without qualms. I would definitely go back.
ReplyDeleteFOOD: Beyond.
ReplyDeleteI knew it would be tasty from the minute I SAW the bread and tasted the fresh, potent parmesan cheese that went with it. I had the pumpkin stuffed ravioli with butternut squash. I'll admit, this gives Sapori an unfair advantage, because that's pretty much my favorite meal in the world, BUT I must say that the ravioli noodles were doughy and buttery and the butternut squash was super sweet. Definitely the best I've had to date.
ATMOSPHERE: Quaint and comfortable, yet mature.
Still can't get over how relaxing the color of the walls are, while the white Christmas lights make it cozy.
SERVICE: Adorable.
5/5 stars!!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI had the lobster ravioli too and I loved it too! It was really delicious, and even though it was huge, I ate the whole thing. We all loved the warm bread, and I had to tell myself to save room for the rest of the food. The people working paid extra attention to detail and that was very impressive. Think this place and it's cozy atmosphere, would be a great place for a date!
ReplyDeletesorry I missed it! Sounds like it was great!
ReplyDeleteYum! I forget the name of the dish I had, but it was pasta with chicken, artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, leeks, etc. in a white white cream sauce that happened to be reddish. Really delicious, and I got two more meals out of the leftovers.
ReplyDeleteJust an enjoyable, relaxing evening, with great service and greater company!
What I had: Butternut Squash Soup & Seafood Risotto
ReplyDeleteMy two favorites of the night were the soup and the homemade bread.
The Butternut Squash Soup: The herb flavors of the soup came through nicely without overpowering the squash. And as Lauren mentioned, this version was cream free making it delicious but not too rich for a first course.
Baskets of Homemade Bread: This was the perfect thing to sit down to after a cold trek through the neighborhood. The baskets were endless and replaced every 10 minutes or so to make sure they were warm. Delicious.
The ambiance was great and service very friendly. I'd definitely go back, but I'd try a different entree next time.